Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Experience: Relevant 3 Years (Preferred)
Work closely with Loan Officers and Transaction Coordinators to analyze and underwrite loan originations of residential construction of single family, multifamily and small apartments complexes. Analyze income property loan requests, including collateral cash flow analysis and valuation, borrower financial statements and tax returns, and market analysis.
- Assist in complex financial analysis, accurate and timely market analysis, borrower’s financial and credit documentation.
- Analyze information such as property profiles, demographics, maps, and inspections.
- Perform underwriting analysis of credit profile, liquidity and project. Ensure each loan is accurate and complete according to investor requirements.
- Submit loans to Loan Committee via Loan Origination System, and/or present in live loan committee.
- Act as the point person in loan committee. Make underwriting decisions on the loans.
- Manage portfolio to keep default rates within allowable ranges per investor and company expectations.
- Review loan for red flags, requesting supporting documentation as needed. Stay up to date on industry trends, market changes and company policies.
- Participate in departmental policy and procedure revision and updates, as necessary. Assist administration team with special projects, other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commercial Real Estate, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in commercial mortgage experience; including appraisal, financial statement and tax return analysis, risk assessment and analysis, and processing of loans.
- Well-developed written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Must have proven writing skills.
- Understanding of income property appraisal and cash flow methodology.
- A self-starter, accurate and dependable in completing responsibilities with strong attention to detail, good organizational skills, and able to work independently with little supervision.
- Able to work within deadlines.
- Proven ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Good at problem solving, researching, and decision making with the ability to think critically and independently.
- Strong ability and desire to work with others as a team, respecting people of diverse backgrounds. Willing to assume duties and projects to further the goals of the company.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Salary: ranges for 60-70K annually DOE. This is an exempt position with an annualized salary that will be paid twice monthly for 24 pay periods per year, in accordance with the standard payroll practices of the Company and subject to all withholdings and deductions as required by law.
Bonus: You will be eligible to receive a performance bonus equivalent to 10% of your Salary, subject to achieving Key Performance Goals as established jointly, by your Supervisor and you, at the start of each quarter and revised if needed as the quarter progresses. For this position, the bonuses are typically paid quarterly by end of the following month. You must remain continuously employed through the end of the applicable quarter and through the bonus payment date to be eligible to receive a bonus payment for that specific calendar quarter.
Key Performance Goals: Applicable goals will be established jointly, by your Supervisor and you, at the start of each year and revised if needed as the year progresses.
This is a full-time on-site position (40 hours per week).
PTO: As a fulltime employee, you will accrue PTO at the rate of 120 hours (3 weeks) per annum. PTO is considered “earned” as it accrues, therefore, in the event of termination you would be eligible to receive the equivalent compensation for any unused PTO up to a maximum of 8 weeks.
Paid Holidays: Company currently recognizes 11 paid holidays per year. The Company reserves the right to modify the number of paid holidays at any time.
Health insurance: You and your family will be eligible for the company’s medical benefits on the 1st day of the month following your first day of employment. At this time, the Company pays 100% of Medical insurance premiums. The Company will also contribute $125/month into a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) to cover the cost of dental, vision or other allowed out-of-pocket health expenses.
Long-Term Disability: Premiums for group disability coverage will be paid by the company.
401(k): You will be eligible to contribute funds in the company 401(k) program as early as it is available within the plan. You will be eligible for the company match, currently 3% but subject to adjustment in the Company’s discretion, after 1 year of employment.
Monday to Friday
At Builders Capital, we believe in a balance of hard work and fun. We show accountability to each other and collaborate in our daily work. Come join our team during this exciting time of growth!